We hope you are all well and staying safe at this trying time. As a school staff, we are working together to ensure learning can continue. We are eager to support both students and parents in any way possible. The following measures have been put in place,
- The school (resource room) will be open on Friday 27th March from 10am-12pm to facilitate parents collecting children’s books/ belongings. In line with social distancing requirements, we would ask parents to approach the room from the door facing the road. There will be a designated waiting point marked on the footpath and parents are asked to only approach if there is no other parent waiting.
- Teachers have already sent work packs home for the children. For now, we ask that you continue to help and support your child work through these packs up until Friday 3rd.
- Mrs Mc Guirk has set work for next week (this can be viewed on post below or also on her own class page).
- There will be NO work expected to be completed from Monday 6th April to Friday 17th April, as these are the Easter Holidays. School work can resume from Monday 20th
- Teachers will commence setting work each week from Monday 20th April, for as long as necessary. Each teacher will upload their class work under their individual class section on our website.
- From Monday 20th April, teachers will also provide an email address to parents. This can be used by parents to seek guidance/ advice on work which has been sent home.
The health and safety of all our school community is our priority at the minute and we do not want to cause any additional stress or anxiety. Our message to our students is very clear- we ask everyone to get on board and try their best with the work provided. Do what you can, as best as you can, but don’t become overwhelmed or worried if there is something that you can not do. This is a very new way of learning for us all but we are in it together and we can get through it. Our message to our parents is- try strike a balance between physical exercise and schoolwork daily. Encourage your child but know when it becomes too much and please do email us if there is anything we can do to help. Good luck!!
From all the staff
Please Click Links Below to view various information on Planning at home, Pupil and Parent Advice surrounding Covid-19 and Relaxation Techniques.
- Example of How to Plan Your Day at Home
- Advice to Young People While Schools are Closed
- Guide for Parents on Supporting Children & Young People with Routines
- Relaxation Techniques