Huge congratulations to these girls who took home Bronze medals from the All-Ireland Community Games Dance Competition. A massive achievement girls and we as a school are very proud. Well done!
Well done to the boys in 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th Class who won this year’s cup in the Conor McSkeane Memorial Tournament!
Good Afternoon everyone,
It’s hard to believe that we are returning to school on Monday. The Summer has gone by so fast. I hope you all had a very enjoyable break and are well rested. We are very excited to welcome you all back, and we are looking forward to another amazing year in St Michaels.
Before returning, here is a quick reminder of a few school rules:
- Gates open at 9.15 am, students are not insured to be on the premises before this time.
- Junior Infants/ Senior Infants, 1st & 2nd Class, all enter the school via the main front door to the left when they enter the yard. 3rd, 4th, 5th & 6th class will enter via the bottom door to the right when the enter the yard. They will be directed by myself/ Debby / Nicola so no need to worry.
- Junior Infant parents are more than welcome to take their children into their classroom , for the first day. However, with limited space and lack of the middle yard (as building work on our new classroom has commenced), we would urge parents to enter and leave the building as soon as possible. Photographs can be taken in the yard before entering the classroom. Junior Infants will finish at 12pm for the first two weeks. This will allow them the time they need to adjust to the school life gradually, without exhausting them.
- We are a health promoting school and would ask parents to refer to our healthy eating policy regarding appropriate school lunches. Due to several children with nut allergies, no products containing nuts are permitted on the premises.
- Please ensure your child has all books/ copies etc with them on their first day. This will allow teachers the opportunity to get their classrooms set up and will enable teaching to take place as soon as possible. Please label everything for your child!!!!!!
- We are very excited to see our lovely new school jumper and we would ask parents to adhere to the school uniform. Plain grey tracksuit bottoms (not leggings) and grey polo t- shirt.
- While we are no longer required to adhere to Covid 19 guidelines, we would ask parents to continue to promote and encourage good hygiene etiquette, as we will within the school.
- School finishing time will return to 3pm for all classes, with students leaving via the same gate they enter from.
If there are any queries, please email stmichaelsnsdonaghmoyne@gmail.
See you all Monday,
Staff and pupils were full of excitement on Friday 13th of May 2022. It was our first school tour since 2019, so we were delighted to get the opportunity to go on an outing as a whole school again! Our destination this year was Castleblaney Outdoor Adventure Centre.
The children got involved in several physical, mental, skill and water-based challenges. The day was enjoyed by all and everyone arrived home in great form after their fun filled day of activities.
On Friday 1st April 2022 we celebrated Autism Awareness Day. Firstly, we recapped on what we had learned last year about autism. We then learned about living with autism from the perspective of Megan, a ten year old girl from Canada whose little brother Matt has autism. We learned a lot from watching Megan go through daily life, and we have definitely taken away some brilliant ways to help make life easier for someone with autism. We also wore blue on the day to support Autism Awareness!
Thank you to all of the boys and girls for taking part.
Food Dudes is an award winning curriculum-linked evidence-based healthy eating programme, developed to encourage children to eat more fresh fruit and vegetables. It is based on repeated tastings of fresh fruit and vegetables, rewards and positive role models.
The boys and girls were delighted to take part again this year, and enjoyed plenty of fresh fruit and vegetables. Well done everyone!
We were very lucky on Monday 13th December to have a visit from the one-and-only Santa Claus. The children got to tell Santa what they want for Christmas, and received a beautiful photo and gift. What a special start to the week!
Thank you to our Parent’s Association for making it all possible!
Last May, Carrickmacross Tidy Towns ran a poster competition titled ‘Feed the Bees’. There were lots of amazing entries from our school but the winner with his tagline ‘Don’t be a Hater, Save the Pollinator’ was Joshua Hughes in 3rd Class. He received his prize today. Well done Joshua!
Well, what a busy few weeks it has been in Mrs. Lennon’s Room. We have been exploring 2D shapes and using cubes to help us understand division in Maths.
Miss Connolly taught us all about space and we made our very own rockets to launch!
The boys and girls were very lucky to head on a trip to Cloghan GAA grounds to take part in this year’s Blitz – the first to happen in a long time! The weather was great, the children were all fantastic and we had an absolute ball! Mrs. Lennon was very proud of each and every one of the children, both for their excellent behaviour and fantastic sportsmanship!
We finished October on a high with Halloween celebrations. Such an amazing effort made by everyone dressing up. We played games, watched movies, had a Halloween Parade and tucked into a treat or two. Thank goodness there weren’t many tricks!
Enjoy the holidays everyone and stay safe!
We had great day on 22nd October 2021 celebrating Halloween in St. Michael’s National School. The children dressed up and each class had a Halloween party. We took part in Trick-or-Treat for Temple Street and raised €170 for this very worthy cause, well done everyone!
We also held a socially-distanced fancy dress parade and fancy dress competition. Congratulations to our winners – Lucas, Calum, Calum, Anna, Saoirse, Tom, Liam and Cassie.
Well done to everyone on an amazing first term! We look forward to seeing you all in November!